Worship and Tech Director
Church for the Harvest
Alexandria, MN 56308
Church for the Harvest is a non-denominational, full gospel church located in beautiful Alexandria, MN. The church began in 1999 and in April 2022 moved into a brand-new building. Our growing congregation of 250 members has an average age of 29 with 100 children under the age of 18. Our worship style is contemporary, and we strive to invite people into the presence of God at each service.
Church for the Harvest is seeking a strong, visionary leader who can enhance the culture of worship and develop strategies that will promote growth within the Worship and Tech departments. This leader needs to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for encouraging others find their purpose in Him. The team is eager to follow a leader who is relational and empowering.
The Worship and Tech Director is a leadership role in the Church that provides oversight for all aspects of the Worship and Tech Departments including worship leading, tech knowledge, providing leadership to the worship and tech teams and consistently recruiting and training volunteers.
Key Leadership Roles:
- Demonstrate a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior
- Ability to recruit, train, and lead Worship and Tech volunteers
- Collaboratively work with staff and other church leaders
- Make a point to interact with the congregation after services and participate in church activities to learn and contribute to the culture of the church.
- Support the overall ministry of Church for the Harvest by participating in outreach events, weekend worship and other all-church experiences
- Lead worship for weekend service
- Plan and execute practices that ensure excellence in the worship experience
- Select and prepare music for services and make available to necessary team members in a timely manner
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of all equipment, stage, and sound areas
- Schedule worship and tech coverage for all church events
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with Lead Pastor or his delegate
- Communicate with Lead Pastor in the generating of ideas and decision-making regarding service themes and creative implementation
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Ensure all needed service content is prepared for seamless operation in worship services. This includes ensuring that all worship and streaming software and technology are prepared in advance including all slides and videos are all tested and ready to provide a seamless service.
- Pursue personal and professional leadership development
- As requested, create, and submit a budget and execute the departments within it
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related training in ministry
- Minimum of two years of experience leading worship and developing volunteer teams
- Excellence as a musician: keyboard/piano, or guitar preferred
- Proficiency in programs such as: Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Light Key
- Commitment to the biblical principal of tithing. Malachi 3:10-12
- To be considered, applicants for this role must be able to fully support the Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith of Church for the Harvest: https://harvestalexandria.com/about/our-beliefs
- A coachable attitude and a willingness to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally
- Strong inter-personal abilities and a team player who is willing to serve outside of their department as a church member.
- Exercise consistent and effective communication across staff and volunteers
- Ability to create song sets that align with message series or stand-alone sermons
- Recognize up-and-coming leaders within the church and empower them to go to their next level
- A self-starter, organized, and can lead themselves and their department with excellence. This position won't be micro-managed.
Job Title: Worship and Tech Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor or his Delegate
Job Type: Part time/Exempt/Salary
- Position has an expectation of 15-30 hours per week based on skillset, technology abilities etc. Tuesday staff meetings (2 hours), Thursday evening rehearsals (2 hours) as well as Sunday mornings (5 hours).
- Additional skill sets that could increase the hours of this job:
- Video and audio editing with posting to platforms
- Light web design and maintenance
- Social media creation and maintenance
- Youth ministry *Spring 2023
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and education
- Flexible schedule with option to work from home outside of Sunday, practice times and staff meetings
- Paid time off
- Childbirth/adoption leave
- Retirement plan option
- Use of church facility may be available for personal use in teaching music lessons
- Casual dress code